Paramedics are the pillar of every emergency medical health care services. They render an optimum level of interpersonal skills to the patients in which it ensures patient’s or victim’s welfare.
In addition, most of the times paramedics give supports to the lives of the patients by being at the side of the patient who may be facing serious health conditions. If you are looking for a quite challenging job yet very much rewarding career, then being a paramedic may suit you.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Emergency Medical Services - Associate's
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Dental Assistant Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- And more...
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Health Care Management B.S.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
But then before you can be qualified to become a paramedic. As mandated by the state law, all aspirant candidate must undergo first paramedic training and must pass the paramedic state test. The paramedic training will take one to two years of study. Prior to enrollment you are required to obtain first EMT levels of certifications.
What are these EMT levels of certification?
These are First responder, EMT – Basic, EMT – I85 certifications –names may vary from state to state. If you are able to secure these three (3) certifications then you are now qualified to enroll in all paramedic schools or colleges. Basically, obtaining EMT level of training certifications are the prerequisite coursework of paramedic. If it is not followed by the candidate, consequently, you are not qualified to enroll in any paramedic training program.
Basically paramedic coursework during paramedic training, most likely, tackles about the advanced prehospital care such surgical procedures like intubation, administering medication through oral or intravenous, reading and monitoring EKG, and performing also the basic prehospital care like dressing the wound and many others. The coursework all throughout the state are the same. After training, you will be given a chance to do hands-on training in hospital and ambulance environment. Once you’re done with clinical or practical training, then you are now qualified to take paramedic state exam. If you pass the exam then it will the start of your career of being a certified or licensed paramedic.
Having a career as a EMT – paramedic employee will give you a wide array of job opportunities. This kind of profession is too risky and dangerous but helping and saving people lives are very much endearing to experience with.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5338858