Paramedics are the pillar of every emergency medical health care services. They render an optimum level of interpersonal skills to the patients in which it ensures patient’s or victim’s welfare.
In addition, most of the times paramedics give supports to the lives of the patients by being at the side of the patient who may be facing serious health conditions. If you are looking for a quite challenging job yet very much rewarding career, then being a paramedic may suit you.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
But then before you can be qualified to become a paramedic. As mandated by the state law, all aspirant candidate must undergo first paramedic training and must pass the paramedic state test. The paramedic training will take one to two years of study. Prior to enrollment you are required to obtain first EMT levels of certifications.
What are these EMT levels of certification?
These are First responder, EMT – Basic, EMT – I85 certifications –names may vary from state to state. If you are able to secure these three (3) certifications then you are now qualified to enroll in all paramedic schools or colleges. Basically, obtaining EMT level of training certifications are the prerequisite coursework of paramedic. If it is not followed by the candidate, consequently, you are not qualified to enroll in any paramedic training program.
Basically paramedic coursework during paramedic training, most likely, tackles about the advanced prehospital care such surgical procedures like intubation, administering medication through oral or intravenous, reading and monitoring EKG, and performing also the basic prehospital care like dressing the wound and many others. The coursework all throughout the state are the same. After training, you will be given a chance to do hands-on training in hospital and ambulance environment. Once you’re done with clinical or practical training, then you are now qualified to take paramedic state exam. If you pass the exam then it will the start of your career of being a certified or licensed paramedic.
Having a career as a EMT – paramedic employee will give you a wide array of job opportunities. This kind of profession is too risky and dangerous but helping and saving people lives are very much endearing to experience with.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5338858