Paramedics are the pillar of every emergency medical health care services. They render an optimum level of interpersonal skills to the patients in which it ensures patient’s or victim’s welfare.
In addition, most of the times paramedics give supports to the lives of the patients by being at the side of the patient who may be facing serious health conditions. If you are looking for a quite challenging job yet very much rewarding career, then being a paramedic may suit you.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
But then before you can be qualified to become a paramedic. As mandated by the state law, all aspirant candidate must undergo first paramedic training and must pass the paramedic state test. The paramedic training will take one to two years of study. Prior to enrollment you are required to obtain first EMT levels of certifications.
What are these EMT levels of certification?
These are First responder, EMT – Basic, EMT – I85 certifications –names may vary from state to state. If you are able to secure these three (3) certifications then you are now qualified to enroll in all paramedic schools or colleges. Basically, obtaining EMT level of training certifications are the prerequisite coursework of paramedic. If it is not followed by the candidate, consequently, you are not qualified to enroll in any paramedic training program.
Basically paramedic coursework during paramedic training, most likely, tackles about the advanced prehospital care such surgical procedures like intubation, administering medication through oral or intravenous, reading and monitoring EKG, and performing also the basic prehospital care like dressing the wound and many others. The coursework all throughout the state are the same. After training, you will be given a chance to do hands-on training in hospital and ambulance environment. Once you’re done with clinical or practical training, then you are now qualified to take paramedic state exam. If you pass the exam then it will the start of your career of being a certified or licensed paramedic.
Having a career as a EMT – paramedic employee will give you a wide array of job opportunities. This kind of profession is too risky and dangerous but helping and saving people lives are very much endearing to experience with.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5338858